Tuesday 2 November 2010

Henna Pen


When I was in London last week at the Parliamentary Briefing I met a hair stylist who also works with wigs.  He said that lots of people with hair loss were using the “Henna Pen” and that it was the next best thing!  I thought I  just had to give it a try and let you know what I thought.  It arrived yesterday from (http://www.hennacosmetics.com/index.htm).   But i have just found it on Amazon for cheaper! (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Henna-Eyes-Temporary-Eyeliner-Make/dp/B000GAWBOW)

I have tried the Henna Pen twice now as I went home and wiped my make up off last night and tried it and then tried it out again this morning. 

On the back of my hand this product seemed like it was going to be brilliant as it really does not smudge.  However,  it is not as waterproof as it claims.  Also, it should be applied before eye shadow or any make up, I would normally apply eyeliner last and it should not be applied on the inside of the eye which I also like to do.

I don’t really think this product works so well for my eyes as I like to work my eyeliner into the waterline and do a bit of blending but the Henna Pen can not do that as it just disappears with the moisture from your eye and once it it dry you can not blend it.

If you wear false lashes and don’t need to draw into the water line then I think this product could work well as it is very delicate and would not disturb the lash too much.... 

What I do think it will work well for is eyebrows.  The little wispy brush on the end will make great little hair like strokes.  It is quite clever as it has a medium size felt tip end on one side and a wispy thin tip on the other end.  I have semi permanent make up on my eyebrows but when this starts to fade which it does this would be a perfect little pick me up for them until my next top up was due. 

I ordered the coco brown colour which is a great colour for my brows but I would have ordered the liquorish black if I were to use it as it as eyeliner.  To make the colour darker the product can be layered with a few coats which intensifies the colour.

For £12 plus postage and packing  (£14.50) I think I am going to stick to the Bobbi Brown Gel eyeliner at £15 as this lasts me for well over a year and I bet this henna pen would not last more than a few months before drying out.  But I do think it is a useful tool for my eyebrows.  I would like to try the black pen too but not sure if I want to spend another £14.50.

Please visit my website www.alopeciabeautytips.com where you can see how my story has been in the Daily Mail, GMTV with Lorraine Kelly, Marie Claire and how i have worked with the little princess trust charity and Trevor Sorbies Charity 'My New Hair'

No comments:

Post a Comment